We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Due to its widespread availability and flexible functionality, Microsoft Access is arguably the most popular database software in use today. Here we explain the Access 2013 installation process in a straightforward manner. In order to install Access, you'll need Access or Office installer (on CD or downloaded file). If you are trying to install an earlier version of Microsoft Access, see our guide on installing Microsoft Access 2010.
- Verify that your system meets the basic requirements for Access. You'll need at least a 1GHz or faster processor with 1GB of RAM. You'll also need at least 3GB of free hard disk space.
- Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date. You'll need Windows 7 or later to run Access 2013. It's a good idea to apply all security updates and hotfixes to your system before installing access by visiting the Microsoft Updates site.
- Launch the Office installer. If you are working from a downloaded copy of Office, open the file that you downloaded from Microsoft. If you are using an installation disc, insert it in your optical drive. The installation process will begin automatically and ask you to wait while the system connects to your account.
- You will then be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account. You may choose to provide your account information by clicking the orange Sign In button or you may opt to bypass this process by clicking the No thanks, maybe later link.
- The installer will then ask you if you wish to learn more about what's new in Office 2013. You may choose to view this information by clicking the Take a look button or bypass this step by clicking the No thanks link.
- You'll then be asked to wait a few minutes while the Office 2013 installer completes its work.
- When the installation completes, you may be prompted to restart your computer. Go ahead and do so.
- When your computer restarts, the first thing you should do is visit the Microsoft Update site to download any security patches for Access. This is a critical step.